Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 7855

Hi-

I refilled my 64XL.  When I install it in my printer, it shows as Low Ink and prints blank.  I know it is full and there is no other warning but the printer will not print in black.  Please help!

K

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You know that ink cartridge is full but your printer doesn't. If you have refilled your ink cartridge you have done only half of the job.

The ink level is stored on the ink cartridge and needs to be rested so the printer knows that it's at 100% full if you have bought a refill kit you can contact the seller on how to reset if possible for your cartridge.

My profile on LinkedIn

HP Recommended

My ink was refilled at Costco and it is supposed to just plug in and start printing.  How do I reset the cartridge? Or at minimum I would need to know how to have the printer disregard ink level and just print.

K

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.