Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy 5643
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP claims that you can refill their cartridges when they run out. I have tried this several occasions with no success. I will be able to print but the printing is very spotty as if the cartridge is clogged. I check to make sure it is not clogged and ink is running freely. No matter how much cleaning I do with the printer it WILL NOT print cleanly. I then replace it with a new cartridge and it prints JUST FINE. I tried it again tonight and it did the same freaking thing, and this is the last straw.

I have learned that there were several class action lawsuits against HP and they lost all of them, one of the court orders is required for HP to allow their print cartridges to be able to be refilled. Oh I don't get any warnings, but it sure as hell does not print like they are full cartridges, is this a violation of that court order?

I was trying to clean in the printer where the print cartridges sit and a tiny plastic piece popped out. It has a soft rubbery material on the top of it. I have been unable to get it back in due to it being so small

I was looking for a contact method for HP directly and it kept taking me here instead, so now it seems that they have NO real means of contacting them. Would this also be a violation of a court order?

The products and services associated with HP are genuinely garbage

I want this issue taken care of or I will start with the BBB and continue from there if it doesn't get resolved. It's ridiculous that HP has had several class action lawsuits and they still seem to be in violation of one of the court orders and are very difficult to get in contact with

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@PGPhotography

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.