Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello i have had an Officejet Pro 8620 for a couple years now.  I have previously had malaysian ink cartridges installed.  But I now need to reset the printer for use with the z10 North American cartridges.

I have physically called North America customer service, but they didnt seem to understand what i needed and said they would have to call me back.   No call backs.....

I have purchased a new HP set of ink with the new z10 region code. 

I have accessed the area that i need to input the reset code.

I just need to get in contact with an HP rep that understands what i need, and can help me.

please....

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just got off the phone with another person from customer support.   they remotely entered the reset code while my new z10 cartridges were in.  They said it didnt work and for me to purchase a brand new printer....?   This doesnt sound right to me as my region 2 ink cartridges will print.

I dont think the first tech really knew what exactly they were doing.

HP Recommended

@mcneely31

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I did read your post on private where you mentioned you need the reset codes according to the screenshot you shared.

I have sent you a private message with reset code, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.