2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Regionalization Reset needed for Officeject Pro 8610

Office Jet Pro 8610
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I get someone from HP Support to contact me to perform a Regionalization Reset for my printer? I have read several threads, but it's not clear how to generate a ticket to get this resolved. I purchased back-up cartridges when I first got my printer. Unfortunately in 2017, HP did their "Regionalization" project, which means my older cartridges which I purchased in the USA (Z20) are no longer compatible because Z20 has been reclassified as Europe, Africa, CIS and Middle East! Since USA is now "Z10", my printer will only accept Z20 cartridges. From what I've read, someone from HP Help can do a "re-regionalization" and my printer will then work with Z10 cartridges I purchased today for $115 at Staples! 

HP SUPPORT, PLEASE CONTACT ME AND GET MY NOW-USELESS PRINTER RE-REGIONALIZED SO IT WILL WORK!

Best thread explaining can be found if you CLICK HERE  (takes you to another HP support page).

3 REPLIES 3
Level 16
Level 16
32,808 26,178 2,389 8,171
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

HP introduced regionalized cartridges (Z10, Z20, Z30 and Z40) for the previously universal 950/951 cartridges in about January 2017.  The printer will "lock" itself to the first Zxx cartridge installed in the printer.  If you are in the US/Canada you will need Z10 cartridges, but the printer has been locked to -Z20 as they were the first regionalized cartridges installed.  In that case you will need to have HP perform a "Regionalization Reset".  You will need to Contact HP to request a "Regionalization Reset". There should not be any charge for this, it is covered as part of the cartridge warranty. You will need to have access to your computer and printer while on the line with HP. You will also need to have a set of cartridges for the new region, once the reset is complete cartridges from the original region will no longer work.  HP's web page on the subject is here.

I have seen several reports that the "best" way to get the regionalization reset done is to contact HP Support through the Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/HPSupport/.  Mention you are in the US and have an Officejet Pro 8610 that previously had -Z20 cartridges installed and that you need a "regionalization reset" to the -Z10 region.

If you have issues getting the reset performed please post back here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Level 16
Level 16
32,808 26,178 2,389 8,171
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Did you get the regionalization reset completed?  

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button ------V

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"----------V

Screwtape316
2 1 0 1
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

The only way I was able to contact someone successfully at HP was through Facebook Messenger. Thanks for the suggestion @Bob_Headrick , or I would have had to junk the printer!

I had to install the HP software on my printer, in order to access the regionalization reset features.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation