Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP officejet pro 6978
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I work with a charity that accepts donated old equipment, refurbishes, and gives to folks with needs.   I have recently received a printer that uses the instant ink process.  The printer prints well but I have to respond to continue on each document printed.  I have no way of logging on to instant ink.   I have tried some of the web page comments e.g. resetting the default setting on the printer, turning off stored anonymous usage.   Nothing seems to work.  I need for the printer to work as normal (without instant ink).  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @larryh133x

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I understand that you would like to cancel the Instant Ink subscription. I'd be happy to assist you.

You may use all 4 regular HP ink cartridges in the printer even if the printer is enrolled in Instant Ink and it will not count the pages you print. However, to know how to cancel the subscription, kindly refer to this document.

If you do not have the user credentials to login to Instant Ink account, you may remove web services on the printer and use regular HP ink cartridges.

Click here to know how to turn off web services.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.