Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I followed the instructions exactly and did so twice. I am still having the same problem. It is very annoying and a waste of time to have to remove and re-install the ink cartridges every time I want to print. This is enough to make me throw the printer in the trash and go buy another one -- and this time, I will NOT sign up for the auto-ink delivery. Please advise! Thank you for your time. 

HP Recommended

Hi @ajb202

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem. I have tried a hard reset twice, have replaced the cartridges, and I'm still getting this message. I do not have instant ink; all these cartridges were purchased at Office Depot. 

I'm ready to throw this printer out the window. Any help would be appreciated.

HP Recommended

Hi. I was just reading all of the posts. Did you ever get this solved? I'm in the middle of trying to do the "take cartridges out, drain the power, and try again" for the SECOND time. I'm wondering if there are any other ideas out there. After that, I'm calling HP.

HP Recommended

Resetting the printer and removing the cartridge and reinstalling it appeared to work for a while. However the error reappeared a few days later. I ended up replacing the ink cartridge with a new one. Replacing the cartridge resolved the problem and I have not had a problem since. I know this problem is very frustrating. Other than this problem, the printer has worked great.

HP Recommended

I managed to resolve this issue by installing new cartridges via Instantink, I tried 2 cartridges before the issue was resolved.

Regards

Sarah

HP Recommended
Spoiler
I have the error message that ink cartridge isn’t installed correctly on hp envy 4520 printer. Pls help
HP Recommended

@Allison8888,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

I Understand you need help with the incompatible cartridge error, and before we get into the details, Click here and try all the steps mentioned, to solve the issue, if that doesn't help, I need more information to help your cause.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Had the same problem, took them out and back in several times; cleaned the contacts, unplugged... the solution was to shut down my computer and restart - fixed it.  It was the communication between Macpro and the printer.  The modem was not the problem. 

HP Recommended

I have the HP Printer 4520 and a HP instant Ink account. Everything was fine  until the last time I received the instant ink replacement cartridges and installed them. I got the message Remove and Reinstall Ink Cartridge Message as well. I have tried every option given to fix this problem and to  no avail. I have removed the cartridges, Unplugged the cord from the wall and the printer and performed all instructions so many times. I also tried cleaning the cartridge heads with coffee filter and distilled water. No change. I think the problem is with the new cartridges. Can you please help me.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.