Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi @rthorpe

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Appreciate you trying the steps. Please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HP Instant Ink Account information:

Rick Thorpe

609 Balsam Cres,

Oshawa Ont, Canada

L1J 6A1

Instant Ink Acct. # 4796903047

I have 2 printers registered. The problem printer is the Hp Envy 4520 Ink Jet All In One

HP Recommended

I also have the exact same problem. 
when I put the old cartridges back in it’s fine but low ink. Have tried the reset stuff and still getting the error message. HELP! 

HP Recommended

Hi @Miss-Maz

Are you enrolled in the Instant Ink? If yes, please send us a private message with your Instant Ink account details or you may also respond to the private message I've sent out and I'll help you out, accordingly. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

I have the same issue - have a officejet 5740 and three new ink cartridges.

Bought a new 5742 thinking no way all three can be faulty.....only to find the same in the 5742.....

There some kind of encryption registration on these ink cartridges?

Please help 

HP Recommended

Hi Jeet,

ok looks like the colour cartridge is the culprit! Circle versus two diagonal triangles....lol

Ok so now I have two printers both working 🙂

Need to get a new colour cartridge tomorrow.

Kind regards

Dean

HP Recommended

@DeanMitchener

That's great! Happy to hear that.  

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.  

Have a great day ahead!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have completed all the various steps mentioned in this forum.  I still  have the issue - Remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge, making sure it is correctly installed.   One of the suggestions in the virtural chat was to replace the cartridges.  I am a member of the InstaInk program and I should be about due for new ink cartridges.  When I go to my account it says that they can't determine whether I need ink because my printer isn't working properly.  So I'm in a loop.  I'm not about to purchase new cartridges when I've paid all this money up front for cartridges that I don't have.  Please help.

HP Recommended

@NonnieSue, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, which model printer are you using?

As the issue is related to Instant ink cartridges, I need more information to help you out.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required.

Keep me posted.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is the worst printer I have ever had. It is practically new and is nothing but trouble. I cannot get it to do anything because it says the ink cartridges need to be removed and reinstalled. I have done that multiple times and, of course, it still does not work. I have also tried the hard reset and that did not work. I guarantee you if anyone ever asks my opinion about HP printers I will definitely tell them to get an Epson or a Brother. I don't have time to waste with this nonsense.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.