Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

@Gemstone1000, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

To assist you better, which model printer do you use?

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

same issue. please help

HP Recommended

@pgenualdo, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Which model HP printer are you using?

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps mentioned in previous posts?

Which ink cartridge is indicated in the error message?

Are you enrolled in Instant Ink?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the ink cartridge error.  I went thru the steps for a hard reset to no avail.  I can't take it anymore so I'm just gonna throw it out and buy a different brand.  This is way too much for the average user to endure.   And yes....  I'm mad as heck!

HP Recommended

@wishiknew2, Welcome to HP Support Community!

I understand the inconvenience caused. I will be able to assist you. 

To assist you better, We would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem with the ink cartridge error. The printer asked to replace all the colour cartridge I went thru the steps for a hard reset procedure twice, but the problem is not resolved. Yellow cartridge is still showing an error. I am an English teacher and my business suffers because of not reliable service .

Please contact me ASAP to resolve the problem.Screenshot_122.jpg

HP Recommended

This problem is more frustrating than I can bear. I simply purchased a new LaserJet as recommended by the Best Buy geek because even he would not invest his time in this.   I’m sure this problem might be resolved but will require a lot of time That I do not have. You need something that will work, and work when you need it.  I purchased a different brand and got on with my business.  Time is money. 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. Here are my answers to your questions..

Could you also provide me with the exact model of the printer? OfficeJet 6978

Have you recently made any changes on the printer before the issue started? None

Did it happen soon after replacing the ink cartridges? yes,

Have you tried to clean the ink cartridge contacts as well as the printhead? No. How do I do that?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer? no

I have also done a hard reset and still have the same issue.

HP Recommended

Perhaps my problem is allowing the black ink to go completely out. Is that why my  HP Office jet 6978 will not work?

HP Recommended

Hi @SkierRic

Please try these steps - HP OfficeJet 6900 Printers - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Let me know. 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.