Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I reinstalled and reset the printer but it still has an error message.  What else can I do? Should I get a new cartridge?

HP Recommended

Hi @kasselt

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

To assist you better, I would like to know the following:

What model printer are you using?

Are you using HP Instant ink cartridges?

Have you performed the steps provided in my first post?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

My printer is officejet 4520. I’m using the 302 print cartridges.

Never had this problem before.

I did follow all the previous instructions. No luck. 

HP Recommended

@kasselt, thank you for the response. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Insert the ink cartridge one by one to identify the defective ink cartridge.

Perform step 3 mentioned in this document.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings! 

The previous solution provided for the customer and also tried myself didn't work out. I have changed a few ink cartridges by now and keeps saying the same message. Printer just have a few months  (HP ENVY 5055) I live in PR and the ink programs doesn't have coverage in this territory!

Please help 

HP Recommended

Hi @Tzeda85

Welcome to the HP Support Community. If you have performed the steps mentioned in this document and the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for Service Options as it could be a possible hardware issue:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an officejet 3830. Same error message.  I have completed the reset several times by unplugging the cord from the back and wall and holding the power button down.  I checked for updates and my printer says it is up to date.  I have done the process of cleaning the  cartridge.  Nothing is fixing the problem.  

I recently purchased new cartridges and they worked initially.  I've printed about 4 times.  Now I'm getting this error and I'd like to get it fixed without purchasing another cartridge,  as they are rather expensive.  And if that doesn't fix it then I'm out double price on the cartridges.  They were purchased at Walmart and are valid HP cartridges.  

HP Recommended

I am getting this same message.  I have a HP OfficeJet 4650 and have tried the solutions shown of unplugging, waiting, etc. and still get the error.  I'm using instant ink and it's a relatively new cartridge that installed in the past month and have printed relatively few pages with.

HP Recommended

I have reset my printer several times but keep getting the message "Remove and Reinstall the ink cartridge".  My printer is an HP Envy 4520 and the cartridge is 63XL

What can I do? I am very close to trashing this printer and buying a new one (obviously not HP).

HP Recommended

I changed my cartridge.  It's working now.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.