Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove cartridges and inspect for leaks Re-install cartridges if okay then Turn printer off and on

Officejet 6600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Message from the Officejet 6600 "Remove cartridges and inspect for leaks. Re-install cartridges if okay. Turn printer off and on"

After following the procedure the printer still does not copy, print, fax or scan. The cartridges are ALL full and there are NO leaks anywhere. The problem started after an automatic HP sofware upgrade came .

How can I solve tghis problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,337 26,292 2,188 3,356
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove cartridges and inspect for leaks Re-install cartridges if okay then Turn printer off and on

@Everglade

Welcome to HP Forums,

Let's get straight to it!

Here's what you need to do to resolve the issue with this error message:

A 'Problem with Ink System' error message displays on the computer during product setup, and the product will not print.

• The message on the computer continues:

'Please remove the ink cartridges and examine them for any sign of leaks. If any cartridges have leaks, contact HP. Do not use cartridges that are leaking. If there are no leaks, re-install cartridges and close the printer cover. Turn the printer off then on again. If you get this message a second time, contact HP.'

Try the following solutions in the order presented to resolve the issue. When one of the solutions resolves the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

Solution one: Check the cartridges for leaks

Follow these steps to remove the cartridges and then inspect them for leaks.

1. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the left side of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before proceeding.

2. Push in on the front of the cartridge to release it, and then pull it toward you to remove it from its slot.

Figure: Press the cartridge and remove it from its slot

Image: Press the cartridge and remove it from its slot.
  3. Check the cartridge for leaking ink. Be careful not to get ink on your skin or clothing. If a cartridge is leaking, do not continue troubleshooting. Return the cartridge to your retailer, or click Contact HP () on this page for support options.

Important: To avoid startup failures, you must use the SETUP cartridges that came with the product.

4. Hold the cartridge so that the cartridge contacts are facing toward the product.

5. Reinsert the cartridge into its slot, and then gently push it forward until it clicks into place.

NOTE:

Make sure that the colored dot on the cartridge label matches the colored dot on the slot.

Figure: Insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot

Image: Insert the cartridge into its color-coded slot.
  6. Repeat these steps to check the other cartridges for leaking ink.

7. Close the cartridge access door.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO SOLUTION TWO ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep me posted, as I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, only in case you don't get back to us, first! 

That said, If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

That'll help us, and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have the following message on the printer screen:

Please remove the ink cartridges and examine them for any sign of leaks. If any cartridges have leaks, contact HP. Do not use cartridges that are leaking. If there are no leaks, re-install cartridges and close the printer cover. Turn the printer off then on again”.

After following the procedure several times the printer still does not copy, print, fax or scan. The cartridges are ALL full and there are NO leaks anywhere. The problem started after an automatic HP software update came. I have received advise from the community with a repair procedure that requires use of the setup cartridges. Unfortunately I did not know that I was supposed to save the setup cartridges and they were discarded after the ink ran out and replaced with new XL cartridges.

How can I solve this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
26,337 26,292 2,188 3,356
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Everglade

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

I have validated your concern and the best way forward is to perform a trade OOBE reset, to help you with the reset instructions specific to your model, I would be sending out a private message as these set of steps may end up damaging the device if attempted on other printer models and we don't want that!

Hence, please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

I hope your day gets better, good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation