Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuart22
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Removed a cartridge from 6700 premium prntr + closed door without replacing-now carriage won't move

HP OfficeJet 6700 premium
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hi,

I recently removed my black cartridge from my printer, and thought I would close the door while I shop for a replacement - however, the printer then displayed error of missing/damaged cartridge and that the machine must remain ON until replaced. I thought I would in the meantime re-insert the empty black cartridge - but when I open the door the carriage doesn't move and remains inaccessible for handling ink cartridges.

Please help.

thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
2,355 2,355 108 188
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Removed a cartridge from 6700 premium prntr + closed door without replacing-now carriage won't move

@Stuart22 Welcome to HP Community!

I understand the HP 6700 cartridge has an error - "one or more cartridges are missing or damaged."

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

• Did you perform a hard reset on the printer?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

Step 1: Reset the printer

Resetting the printer can reset the connection with the print-head and clear any error messages.

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.

2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.

3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

5. Wait at least 60 seconds.

6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.

7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.

8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.

9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.

• If these steps resolved the issue, you do not need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue to the next solution.

If the issue persists, check this:

I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation