Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a 4+ year old Envy 7640.  It had a paper jam that caused a CARRIAGE JAM error message.   I have watched several videos plus contacted HP tech support and gone through multiple processes on correcting that error but cannot get the printer to get off of that error screen.  At this point, my only options appear to be to either have HP repair it or simply get a new printer. I do not know what a repair bill might be but I am guessing that getting a new printer would probably make the most sense. I thought I would ask for opinions. I can get a refurbished 7855 for $100 with shipping.  Should I just do something along those lines?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PaulStraube Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are getting a carriage jam error.

As you have stated that you have performed all troubleshooting steps. I would suggest you contact the phone support for upgrading the printer.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for the suggestion.  I have gone thru everything that HP Tech Support offers, which is why I was asking for help from what I thought were other users.  Since nothing has worked and the printer is stuck on that error message, I am giving up and buying a brand new Envy 7855 off Amazon for $99.89 Prime.

If this were a $3,000 printer, I would do things differently.  But for a $100 printer, it simply isn't worth spending hours trying to figure out what is wrong after I already did everything Tech Support told me to try.

Thanks again.  Have a great weekend.

HP Recommended

@PaulStraube

I understand your concerns.

I would suggest you upgrade the printer. You will get more features from the old printer.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a  nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.