01-31-2020 07:10 AM - edited 02-03-2020 07:38 AM
Printer repeatedly displays "alignment failed" message (runs alignment after every print job). Trying to get printer working properly again. Here is what I have done so far:
- Tried alignment with 10-25 pages of plain, undamaged paper in the tray
- Ran first-level and second-level printhead cleaning
- Ran Print Quality Page; looks good (so no need to calibrate linefeed)
- Reset printer
- Power off via unplugging while on, reconnect after 3 minutes
- Semi NVM Reset
- Full NVM Reset
- All new printheads
- All new ink cartridges
- Cleaned printhead contacts in printer
- Inspected alignment printouts; they look good
- Used HP Print and Scan Doctor (v.5.3); it says “everything checks out OK with your product”
- Checked firmware; it is up to date. HP Printer Update app will not let me reinstall it.
Repeated alignment seems unnecessary and erroneous (alignment page looks good; HP app says all OK) but it is quickly wasting valuable ink, which is not acceptable.
Printer out of warranty as of 12/31/15.
I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions on how to bypass automatic alignment or otherwise solve this problem. Thanks!
02-03-2020 01:22 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
If you have tried all the steps mentioned in this HP document:- Click here
And if the issue still persists, this could be a hardware issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
02-03-2020 08:21 PM
Thanks very much for your message.
The HP document linked in your post is one for which I have exhausted all solutions mentioned (except for arranging for service, because my printer is out of warranty).
I tried the numbered steps you suggested, but after #3, I do not see the country drop-down (#4) or any of the later steps. If there is another way to navigate to the case-creation web-form, please let me know.
02-04-2020 06:11 PM
I am sending you a private message with the steps to talk to HP support. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.
I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.
I am an HP Employee