12-22-2019 10:36 AM
I have an HP officeJet 8740 that I have not used for 2 months. The blue ink is out, so I replaced the cartridge with a brand new one. The printer still shows it out of ink. I wiped off the heads and there is wet blue ink there as there is on the new cartridge port. It won't even let me bypass and print in all black. Any suggestions?
12-24-2019 01:23 PM
Welcome to the HP Support Community!
I reviewed your post and I understand that the new ink cartridge is not getting detected on the printer.
Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.
I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Remove USB cable, if present.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
- Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
- Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.
If you continue facing the issue, then follow the steps in the below article.
Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!
If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!
I am an HP Employee