Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy120 printer
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Followed all the leads that explain why front panel display (hp envy120 printer). Narrowed issue to faulty 50 pin ribbon cable. I can access one connector inside the printer (near the cartridge area). Not able to access the other connector  which disappears "inside" the moving panel.  Any suggestion how to access this?  I ordered a new cable..should be here soon.

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Apologies..the question I sent earlier got truncated!

The front display screen does not illuminate. Occasionally, when front panel is opened, and paper tray extended, the display panel lights up intermittently. When I touch the ribbon cable connected to the front panel, this also causes the screen to light intermittently.

Previous posts narrowed the problem to the 50 pin ribbon cable. It was stated that it is easy to replace (plug and play). I ordered a new cable. While waiting, I thought  I would try to see how to replace it. Does not appear to be easy to acces the connector end which seems to disappear inside the front panel.

any help would be appreciated.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.