Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

help

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi! @lovebird99,

Any particular reason you are trying to perform a factory reset on the printer?

There is no factory reset for this printer. If you have network issues, you can try restoring the network settings to defaults by following the steps below.

1. From the Home screen, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings.
2. Touch Restore Network Settings.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions

If you still have issues with the printer, you can try performing a semi-full reset on the printer.

As the steps to perform a semi-full reset is confidential and dedicated to your printer. I will share the steps through a private message.

Please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I need help with my printer. It is an HP Office Jet 3830. It does not print in color anymore, even though the ink cartridge is full and prints color for a test with the printer but not anything else. I even cleaned the heads. I heard I need to reset it but I am not sure how.

HP Recommended

I need to semi reset my printer. Can you help me?

HP Recommended

@Jennifer7679

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

You do not need to perform a semi-full reset in this case. It's a driver issue as the test pages are printing in color.

If your Printer is connected to a Windows Operating System, perform the steps below:

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer. 

Once done, please download and install the software from here: 

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day! 

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

OfficeJet 3830. I have purchased a code to sign up for Instant Ink. However, I cannot get to the signup page. When I click the link (SignUpNow or SignUP) I just get a blank page with link to Virtual Assistant and to a phone number.

HP Recommended

@Clark28 Greetings from the HP Community!

Here's all you need to know about signing up with the HP Instant Ink program:

Step 1: Check HP Instant Ink requirements

Before you sign up your printer with HP Instant Ink, make sure you meet the following requirements.

• A printer eligible for HP Instant Ink: Go to HP Instant Ink, then scroll down to and click the Check to see if your HP printer works with Instant Ink link to find a list of eligible HP printers.

• A printer with an active Internet connection: The printer must be set up on a wired or wireless network and Web Services must be turned on. This connection is required so that HP Instant Ink can securely monitor your printer’s ink status. A daily connection between your printer and the Internet is not required, but HP recommends that you allow your printer to remain connected as often as possible. After your printer has been disconnected for a few days, you receive reminders to connect. If you fail to connect, eventually your HP Instant Ink cartridges stop printing.

For more information about connecting your printer to your network, go to HP Customer Support. Type your printer model, and then search for the document on setting up your printer on a network

NOTE: 

A USB cable connection does not provide the required Internet access for HP Instant Ink.

• An email address: A valid email address (Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc.) is required to sign up for the HP Instant Ink service.

• A valid credit or debit card: A list of accepted credit and debit cards displays when you sign up for the HP Instant Ink service.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & SKIP TO STEP 2 ONWARD

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.