Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have  HP Deskjet F4180 printer. How to reset it to manufactory default settings?

18 REPLIES 18
HP Recommended

Hi genom,

I would like to help you with your reset defaults problem.

Unplug the power cord from the unit.
Reconnect the power cord into the unit.
When the lights begin to flash, press and hold the Power and Cancel buttons.
When only the On/Resume light is flashing, release the buttons.
When the On/Resume light is steady, the reset is complete

Let me know if this helped.

Thank you,

I worked on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your answer. I tried to reset, but it did not return the printer to its original state. Before that, I wanted to clear error E. For this I press and hold the Power buttonuntil all  lights do not light. I've done it's several times .After that, the printer started to load in another mode: at startup all the lights are blinking and then go out, after that Power button light are on and cartridges go to the right and printer clicks 2 times and makes scrolling. Error E was gone when I bought color cartridge. The printer prints, copies and scans (only with HP solution Center). Earlier the printer is loaded faster.

HP Recommended

Hi genom,

It sounds like we may be making some progress. I suggest that you follow the steps in this document for Blinking Lights.

Let me know if this helps.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

I do not see my problem in this article

HP Recommended

Hi genom,

I am sorry for the confusion. Is it that you can only print, copy and scan from the Solution Center now? Can you not print from any other program? What happens when you try to print from a word document?

Let me know,

Thank you,

HP Recommended
Lost my start up. Disk
HP Recommended

Hi Jime24,

I understand that you have lost your drivers disc. Here is a link to the download page for the HP Deskjet F4180 All-in-One Printer Drivers. Select your operating system and click on the Next button. Then scroll down to Driver - Product Installation Software and click on it. Then click on the download button and save a copy to your computer.

I hope this helps, let me know.

Thank you,

HP Recommended

printer prints from Word. Tell me how to log into the service menu printer.

HP Recommended

Hi genom,

What do you mean by the service menu printer?  What is happening that you need to get into it? Are you getting any error messages on the display panel of the printer.

Let me know.

Thank you,

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.