Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Ink Tank wireless 416
Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and older

Hi Folks!

i kindly ask your assistance with 2 issues with my printer HP Ink tank wireless 416. I can't connect it to the wifi after I changed the network password. I have a MAC computer. My router doesn't have a WPS button.

First issue: I already tried all steps on the troubleshooter: I did "Press the Wireless button and the Cancel button from the printer control panel at the same time, and then hold them for three seconds." multiple times and had no luck. When I try running the "hp easy start"software (downloaded yesterday) I get stuck on the second step: after selecting my network, putting the password and selecting "connect" a window appears asking me to put the username and password for the printer. I honestly don't remember setting this up (my first installation of the printer was 1year ago). I tried using the same credentials I use here on the suport and on hp smart with no luck. I also tried to leave both blank and put admin on both and still can't connect it... I would like you to let me know how can I proceed, maybe to reset this settings... At the moment I have it connected with the usb cable. When I open  the HP utility app and try to use the Wireless configuration it again ask me for the printer's password that I don't have...

Second issue: I can't login to the EWS. This issue happens since the first use, but it was not a big problem until now, that I know that I could change the wireless settings from there... Again, I tried to use the same username and password from my hp smart, leave both blank and place admin on both without any luck...

It's been a big problem for me not to have the printer connected to the wireless...

Does anyone knows how to solve these problems?

Please help me!!!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ClariZanzibar, Welcome to HP Support Community!

1) To connect the printer to a wireless network, use a temporary USB connection in macOS-

Temporarily connect the printer to the Mac with a USB cable, and then change the connection to wireless in HP Utility.

1. Connect a USB cable to the USB port on the rear of the printer  and to the computer.

2. Click the Apple menu, and then click System Preferences.

3. Depending on your OS version, click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

4. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

Example of the Printers & Scanners window

5. Click the name of your printer with USB under Kind.

6. On the Use menu, select the name of your printer, and then click Add.

NOTE: 

AirPrint is the default driver. To access all printer features, including HP Utility, select the HP printer name.

7. Click the name of your printer, and then click Options & Supplies.

8. Click Utility, and then click Open Printer Utility.

Opening Printer Utility

9. In HP Utility, click Wireless Setup.

Wireless Setup in  HP Utility

10. Make sure your network displays on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, and then click Continue to complete the wireless configuration.

Confirm Wireless Settings window

11. If your network does not display on the Confirm Wireless Settings window, connect to the correct network.

1. Select No, I want to choose another network, and then click Continue.

A list of available wireless networks displays.

2. Select your wireless network from the list or type your network SSID in the Wireless Network Name field, and then type your network password in the Password field.

If you do not know your network password, go to Find Your Wireless WEP, WPA, WPA2 Password.

3. Click Continue.

12. After the network connection is configured, click Done, and then disconnect the USB cable from the printer and the computer.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

13. In the Printers & Scanners or Print & Scan window, click the name of your printer, click the Minus sign, and then delete the USB installed printer.

14. Click the Plus sign, and then click Add Printer or Scanner.

15. Click the name of your printer with the text Bonjour listed under Kind, click the Use or Print Using box, and then select the name of your printer in the pop-up menu.

16. Click Add to add the printer to the list and try printing.

2) The EWS username and password cannot be reset through HP utility or the printer's control panel. I would recommend you to contact HP Support in your region for assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Dear TEJ1602, Whenever I try to do this it asks for the username and password of the printer. I tried to do the network reset (press and hold X and wifi button for 3 seconds until the power light blinks) and still have the same problem... Tried use admin/admin and leave both fields blank but it still doesn't connect... I have also uninstalled the printer from my computer and installed again using HP Easy Start but the problem with the wifi persists. I also did a reset pressing Power and cancel button for ten seconds. The printer went back to it's original language (brazilian portuguese) but the problem persisted AND now the wifi won't turn on when I press the wifi button. Easy Start can detect it on wifi but still asks for username and password... Is there any other procedure I can try? Also even after all these resets the EWS still asks for username and password... This problem I had since the first installation of the printer 13months ago, but it never bothered me. Now that I know that I could change the wifi settings there it would be very helpful to have this login info... Thanks in advance for your help!
HP Recommended

@ClariZanzibar

To further isolate the issue, remote assistance will be required.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further help.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.