Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 5560
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

I have a new router and can't establish a wireless connection to my printer because I can't reset the wireless settings on it. I have no touchscreen and cancelling the old settings by holding the wireless and cancel buttons does not appear to work. Any suggestions?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@veggievee, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Follow these steps to connect the printer to the wireless network:

1. Locate the WPS button on your router, but do not press it yet.

If your router does not support WPS, skip to the next step to connect the printer with the HP Smart app.

2. Turn on the printer. If the printer is in sleep mode, press the Cancel button on the control panel.

3. On the printer control panel, press and hold the Wireless button  for at least 3 seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash.

4. On the router, press and hold the WPS button for 3 to 5 seconds or until it shows that the WPS connection process has started.

NOTE: The printer stops searching for a WPS connection two minutes after the wireless button is pressed. If you were unable to press the WPS button within that timeframe, attempt these steps again.

Once the printer connects to the wireless network, the blue Wireless light on the control panel turns on solid.

To print the network configuration page

▲ Press and hold the Resume button to initiate the wireless test and print the Network Configuration and Network Test pages.

Make sure MAC is connected to a 2.4GHz network as this printer supports 2.4GHz network only.

To check the connectivity between the printer and MAC, perform a PING test

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer by clicking on the Wireless icon on the printer
  2. On the MAC Go to Spotlight > search for Network utility > select Ping tab > enter the IP address of the printer in the box
  3. Check the second box that says Send only > 10 pings
  4. Click on ping > Check the results at the end if any packets are lost
  5. Note: There should be 0% packet loss, share the results in your next post.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

No sorry, it doesn't work - they do not recognise each other and the printer shows the error light after a while. I've tried the Smart app and although the printer is recognised by hpsetup and connects to it, the app shows no further instructions and I cannot find a way of moving on so I can enter the router network and password.

HP Recommended

@veggievee

• Check with your Internet service provider if your new router is able to forward 'Bonjour packets'.
  • If you have a USB cable, you may connect the printer with the cable and then convert it to wireless using the HP Utility. For more info, refer to this document.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried everything you've suggested without success. I have an old printer and a new router and I suspect the 2 are probably incompatible in some way. Also my system software is not the most modern. I have a USB connection to my printer which works so I'll stick with that for now.

HP Recommended

@veggievee

That's unfortunate. If the issue persists, please contact our HP Support team for further assistance as this issue may require one on one interaction:

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.