Tutor
14 9 1 2
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Reset x576dw can't be set up, error b828e7c8

Officejet x576dw
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

A client of mine has an Officejet x576dw that I recommended to them. It has worked (on and off) for 3 years. It recently developed a fault where it would print one job, then need to be restarted.

Once restarted, it would print all jobs in the queue, but nothing after that, and need to be restarted again.

I spent time trying to diagnose the fault but eventually resorted to a full reset.

During the subsequent setup, the "configuring" process got to 39% and then showed a blue screen with the code B828E7C8, and then showed a message asking to turn the printer off and on again. This then puts it into the same configuration loop, prducing the same error.

I have searched for the error code in question but not found any information online.

Does anyone have any ideas? My client has decided to source a new printer, but I woud like to understand the error for my own experience.

2 REPLIES 2
Intern Intern
Intern
48 47 0 4
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi HolmPC,

Sorry to hear that your customer is seeing this issue.

I attahed a link here, hope it can helps.

Because during full reset it is seeing this issue. maybe you can try to reflash the FW or reinstall the drivers again, see whether can solve this issue.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-pro-x576-multifunction-printer-series/...

I am an HP employee.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button.

If my answer was helpful please click the "Thumbs Up" to say "Thank You"
0 Kudos
HolmPC Tutor
Tutor
14 9 1 2
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

As the error appears during a full reset the printer cannot be started up, so I can't flash the firmware and the PCs obviously can't see it so driver updates are irrelevant.

Can you tell me what the error code b828e7c8 means?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation