Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Do rollover pages keep occuring or do they expire? If they don't expire, who can i contact?  because I should have plenty of pages left, but they didn't show them all and now I am paying overage charges. Who can i contact to fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@TiffD,

Thank you for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I see from your post that you are having concern regarding the rollover pages on your HP Instant ink program. Don't worry I'll be glad to assist you.

Let me go ahead and explain how the rollover pages work in HP Instant ink program: 

If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account as rollover pages. Your rollover pages are available as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. You can continue to roll over up to the number of pages in your monthly plan (for example, you can roll over up to 50 pages if you are enrolled in a 50 page plan). If you have printed all of the pages in your plan, and you have used all of your rollover pages, you can still print additional pages and save.

Additional pages are available in sets of 15, 20 and 25 pages, depending on your plan, for only a $1. As long as your printer is connected to the Internet, we will send you an email to remind you when you are near printing all of the pages in your plan. If you are regularly printing additional pages, you may want to change your plan at HP Connected. After you sign in at HP Connected, click on Services, and then Instant Ink to change your plan. Plan downgrade changes are effective after the last day of your current billing cycle. You can choose to make plan upgrade changes effective during the current or next billing cycle.

For more details, please go through this support document for - HP Instant Ink - Understanding HP Instant Ink Monthly Charges

I need to know few details regarding your Instant ink account to help you get this sorted.

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message with the information required. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

I signed up for instant ink in April 2019. I was told I would accrue rollover pages in an unlimited amount of what ever amount of pages I had not used. I signed up for the business plan with 700 rollover pages. My roll over pages never occurred in my account until my free plan was over & I was now paying monthly. I called into HP to see where all my rollover pages were, as it only shows 1400 rollover pages & is missing other months. The Hp representative told me that there is a cap on roll over to a maximum of 2 months or double the amount of roll over your account is set to receives. Thus, I only have 1400 max roll over pages. I explained I never got rollover pages I was told I would get during the free trial & they also told me prior to signing up that I would. Yet they never showed until after I was paying monthly.

The Hp representative then tells me that the previous Hp representative gave me false information & if I downgrade I would lose the accumulated rollover pages. I would at that time be downgraded to what ever maximum amount that particular plan has. For instance, if I went from the business plan to an occasional printing max of 100 I would lose 1300 pages of my accumulated rollover pages. Is this correct can they take away my accumulated rollover pages upon downgrading? If so this is a really crappy set up, which was incorrectly told to me upon signing up. This would not be what I believed I was getting upon signing up for this service, in that case. Also, if this is correct how can they just misinform me & take away my rollover pages without grandfathering me into the plan I was supposed to be getting at the time of sign up? Shouldn't I get some sort of compensation adjustment to my account for the trouble, misinformation & such? At this point in time I was not offered anything for the misinformation, or for the missing rollover pages I was told I would get for the previous months I was on the plan.

I am very disappointed with Hp at this time & may very well cancel my plan f I cannot get things corrected appropriately, as I was duped! 

HP Recommended

Furthermore, where does it state within the advertised plan information that:

1) You are capped on rollover pages?

2) You will lose rollover pages if you downgrade from a higher plan to a lower plan?

3) You will not receive or accumulate rollover pages during a free trial?

Because, I was told upon signing up that I would accumulate rollover pages during my free trial. I was told I would have a maximum of 700 unused pages rolled over for each month I was in the plan, including during my free trial. So at the end of my trial I was expecting to see any un-used pages still in my account & they were not there. Additionally, I was told upon signing up for Hp Instant Ink that I would still have those all un-used pages still in my account if I were to downgrade in the future. Yet non of this has been the case thus far. I am very upset over this misinformation &  deceptive business practices & expect  reasonable compensation of my account at this time.

HP Recommended

@NWil, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

If you do not use all your plan pages in a month, the unused pages will be kept in your account as rollover pages. Your rollover pages are available as long as you are enrolled in HP Instant Ink. You can continue to roll over up to the number of pages in your monthly plan (for example, you can rollover up to 100 pages if you are enrolled in a 100-page plan). If you have printed all of the pages in your plan, and you have used all of your rollover pages, you can still print additional pages and save.

To know how to check your page count, refer to this document.

Refer to this article to know more information about instant ink FAQ's.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.