Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

OK I understand how to maintain the ink cartridges/print heads.  But is there any maintenance for *other* parts of the unit that I should be aware of?

HP Recommended

Hi I would like to assist to the best of my ability to solve your problem.I hope the information i supply will be of help.Just for information some technical information is protected by HP and is not allowed to be answered.This is unfortunate and you will have to contact a HP repair shop for the help in this case.

Well there is not much maintenance on these units.Doing what everybody suggested is all that can be done.If you prefer to put a towel over the machine when not in use that can prevent some dust from getting into the printer.Should anything else brake there is nothing that you could have done to prevent it from happening.

I am A certified Copier Technician.
It is so nice to give some help where possible and the forum is a great idea Thank You.Sometimes a picture speaks louder than words to find a solution.Should you find my help use full just give some credit for my effort please.
.Thank You.Copier-Pro
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know and also show your appreciation by clicking the “Accept as Solution”button, “Thumbs up" button!

#################################################################
I'M NOT AN HP EMPLOYEE AND DO ANSWER THESE QUESTION ON MY OWN BEHALF.
#################################################################
HP Recommended

OK thanks.  @Flower_Bud, can you weigh in on this one last time?  Is there any other routine maintenance I should be aware of for this unit?  Not just in terms of print heads, but for other components as well.

HP Recommended

@cag8f

It looks like you were interacting with @Flower_Bud, but he is out for the day & I'll be glad to help you out, I'm the Riddle_Decipher & I'm at your service (Like a Genie without magic powers) 😉 

I reviewed your concern and the entire conversation, did some research and here's what I recommend:

To be honest, our esteemed expert (@Copier-Pro-Click here to view his post) seemed to have summarized it pretty well,

Besides I see that @Flower_Bud has also mentioned everything you need to know about not just the print heads but for other components as well - the Printing diagnostics page will help you identify and resolve all maintenance related issues.

That said, I'm afraid there's nothing more I could add to it, if you have any other queries though,

Please feel free to write to us as we'll be happy to help you out.

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.