Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

after an unsuccessful attempt by my parents to install a photosmart 5510 series printer on their acer aspire 7741-6426 notebook with Windows 7 OS.I uninstalled both the printer and the software that came with it using the uninstall tool each came with, then used the windows installer to remove the hp update and a help file that were showing in the programs and features window. upon re-start i was greeted with a "RunDLL" window stating "There was a problem starting C:\Program Files\HP\HP Photosmart 5510 series\bin\HPStatusBL.dll" i have since run the the removal tool for all in one printers(gr_uninst.exe) 4 times. error still persists. Although I do plan to reinstall this printer i would like to start with a clean slate. 

Please help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Heroboy2000,

Follow the steps in the document below to install the printer in Win 7.

Installing the Printer Software in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi Heroboy2000,

Follow the steps in the document below to install the printer in Win 7.

Installing the Printer Software in Windows 7 for a USB Cable Connection

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I have exactly the same problem.  I want it uninstalled!!! You reply told me how to install - not helpfull.  How do we get rid of this annoying dll error message?

HP Recommended

Hi JohnAD,

I am more than happy to help, but first can you please confirm the additional information below.

1. Problem Description or reason for wanting to uninstall the software?

2. Printer Model?

3. Operating System (including service pack revision)?

4. Connection Method - USB, Hardwired LAN, Wireless?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

After uninstalling my Officejet 7610 on my Windows 10 PC I continually get a "RunDLL" error message with each startup.  I have tried reinstalling the software that came with the printer and then uninstalling it again but the error persists.  I tried a third party Registry cleaner and that failed.  Now the only option I have to get support at HP is to make a $25 dollar phone call to their tech support.  This is WRONG, should have provided a clean uninstall in their software package.  Does anyone know how to resolve this since HP doesn't seem to care?

RunDLL Startup Error.jpg 

HP Recommended

I have the same problem and its driving me mad, any help would be useful.

HP Recommended

I have this problem as well can anyone help?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.