Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet 3520 e All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer won`t scann after installing windows 10. I can print and copy. I have tried print and scan doctor. But i stops serching after a few seconds and doesn`t go further after waiting in several ouhers.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Afternoon @Gittelone,

The information I have found may help you with scanning on Windows 10.

First you should review the information in these resources;

If you printer software was installed before your upgrade, I would try uninstalling the software completely and then reinstall it using the newest driver available on HP's website. Here is how to clean all of the drivers out of your computer;

I recommend referencing the steps in this document to make sure you haven't missed anything; Uninstalling the Printer Software - use as a rough guide, but the steps for Windows 8 should be pretty close to Windows 10. 

You may also want to Delete files using Disk Cleanup - make sure to put check marks in all of the selection boxes when available. (Again Windows 😎

Other places software drivers may hide would be in your Device Manager. 

To Open the Device Manager:
1) Enter Device Manager into the Search field.
2) Click on the Device Manager.
3) You may want to click on View, at the top of the windows, and then Show hidden devices
4) Expand the device types, and check for any driver related to your printer. 
5) To remove a device from device manager, right-click the device name from the list and then click Uninstall.

* For more information see Device Manager Information for Windows 8/10.

Download the newest software package here; HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Or download from this direct link.

Then check for Windows updates; Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue persists, you could also try using the HP Scan and Capture App instead if needed.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

Afternoon @Gittelone,

If you printer software was installed before your upgrade, I would try uninstalling the software completely and then reinstall it using the newest driver available on HP's website. Here is how to clean all of the drivers out of your computer;

I recommend referencing the steps in this document to make sure you haven't missed anything; Uninstalling the Printer Software - use as a rough guide, but the steps for Windows 8 should be pretty close to Windows 10. 

You may also want to Delete files using Disk Cleanup - make sure to put check marks in all of the selection boxes when available. (Again Windows 😎

3) You may want to click on View, at the top of the windows, and then Show hidden devices
5) To remove a device from device manager, right-click the device name from the list and then click Uninstall.

Download the newest software package here; HP Deskjet Full Feature Software and Drivers

Then check for Windows updates; Updating Drivers and Software with Windows Update (Windows 10, 😎

If the issue persists, you could also try using the HP Scan and Capture App instead if needed.

Please let me know if any of these steps resolved your issue, or if there is anything else I can do to help. 

Thanks, 

midnight-anwrs
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution” on the post that solves your issue - it helps others find the solution later.

Don't forget to come back and click the Thumbs Up on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

HP Recommended

Hi midnight-anwrs. Thanks for taking time to answer Me. I Will try to do as you tell Me to do. Until now I use an USB cable. And it works. 

Regards Gitte

@midnight-anwrs wrote:

Afternoon @Gittelone,

Thanks, 

HP Recommended

WIN 10 PRO x64 INSTALLATION PROBLEMS FIXED. After much trial and error and many many installs and uninstalls, I finally managed to install the latest full installation package including the Imaging Device (scanning program). Method: I uninstalled all HP programs; I then editted the registry using regedit, using Find and removing all possible registry KEYS which contain "hewlet" (some entries cannot be removed); I then installed the full e709n package with USB connection (I deferred actually connection the USB connect until after I rebooted...I don't know if this deferral is necessary); now it works! The HP scrubber program does not remove all HP printer registry entries; HP should fix this SCRUBBER problem. HP should also repair the installation program. SEE http://dmreed.com/windows_10_problems_solved.php for details.

HP Recommended

This also cured my problems with an model 6500 E709n.  Thank you.

HP Recommended

What I did that worked:

1) I followed the steps from the others about uninstalling the old HP software, doing disk clean up.

2) New HP software and driver for my printer could not install the printer. Therefore installed the HP software and driver on my computer alone without installing the printer.

3) MAnually installed printer by clicking on 'add printer' in windows 'printer and hardware' section of the control panel

4) Used the HP scan and print doctor to make any further changes and scanner worked.

HP Recommended

In the post above yours, it seems my success only lasted briefly and I was then back to "The scan cannot be performed because  another program or computer is using the networked HP imaging device. Try again later." whether scanning from the printer using the scan button or using the HP Solutions application.  After working with an HP Support person and having invested about 50 hours, I reinstalled Windows 7 and couldn't be happier.  There really was nothing that Windows 10 provided that I used that wasn't already provided in Windows 7.  Had no need for Cortana or the blocks added in the Start menu.  The program called hpqkygrp.exe is called whenever scanner services are requested.  This the program the the HP application support team needs to update.

HP Recommended

have you tried what I described a few messages above...it worked and still works for me

HP Recommended

No as it was not posted until after I reinstalled Windows 7.  I don't understand how you installed the HP driver without installing the printer.  How is that done?  Also, please verify both that you can scan from the printer itself and using the HP Solutions application from the desktop.

HP Recommended

yes, I can scan just using the printer and I can scan using HP Solution Center. I deferred connecting the printer using USB until after I rebooted. I think the main thing was using Regedit to remove entries which referred to older HP installations which HP Scrubber did not remove.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.