Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP PHOTO SMART 7525
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

#1   MY HP PHOTO SMART 7525 PRINTER/FAX/COPIER/WEB WILL NOT ACCEPT NON-HP INKS TO PRINT PHOTOS... THE PHOTO COMES OUT WITH LINES ON IT AND NOT CLEAR AT ALL... WHY?  IT ALSO WON'T ACCEPT FOR PRINTING PHOTOS FROM INKS RE-FILLED LIKE FROM COSTCO. 

#2  MY PRINTER OF ABOVE AFTER INSERTING THE ACTUAL HP INKS IS NOW NOT PRINTING A GOOD PHOTO ONTO MY 4X6 NON-HP PHOTO PAPER.   I HAVE NEVER HAD AN ISSUE WITH IT BEFORE, AND HAVE USED OFF BRAND PHOTO PAPER.  NOW I HAVE JUST ORDERED HP 4X6 PAPER ON-LINE TO SEE IF THIS WILL WORK. THE NON-HP INKS SEEM TO BE OK IF PRINTING ON JUST PAPER  BUT TO PRINT AN ACTUAL PHOTO PAPER THE INK SMEARS ON THE NON-HP BRAND PHOTO PAPER.  THIS IS MOST DISTURBING THAT I HAVE TO USE "ONLY HP INK AND PAPER" FOR THIS PRINTER/FAX MACHINE.  AS I SAID IT USE TO BE FINE BEFORE, HAVE THEY CHANGED THE INKS?  

I WILL WAIT FOR THE HP PHOTO PAPER TO ARRIVE THEN SEE IF THEY WILL CONTINUE TO SMEAR  😞

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @FROGJUMP

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

The use of non-HP ink cartridges is not recommended. It may or may not work. HP cannot guarantee the functionality of non-HP ink cartridges. It may even damage the printer mechanism causing print quality issues. You may refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems. 

For now, let us try these steps:

Clean the printhead

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon .

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Clean Cartridges.

3. NOTE: 

There are three cleaning levels. Complete all three if necessary. If the printhead is badly clogged, it might require another cleaning cycle. If so, wait 30 minutes before you perform all three levels of cleaning again.

Also, perform step 10 from this document.

Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report

1. On the printer control panel, touch the Settings icon .

2. Touch Tools, and then touch Print Quality Report.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.