12-26-2019 02:23 AM
Hello, i have recently bought a HP Officejet Pro 7740 All-in-One printer and i have a few issues with the "scan to computer" issue.
Multiple scan options with the name "Hostname PC", "scan to hostname", "scan for email to hostname"....
The regular "Hostname PC" does not work, the rest does.
I would like to see them all under one button, 'scan to hostname" or a fix why the regular option does not work.
It is important that i scan from my printer to the computer, the otherway around works but it is a load of extra work.
I have tried:
- Reinstalling the printer software.
- Scan from computer (HP smart & Windows scan test).
- Put printer up to date.
- Remove printer from Control panel and re-add it.
Thanks in advance!
12-28-2019 11:54 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you. Resetting the printer to its factory settings and then setting up 'Scan to computer' may resolve this issue.
- The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may corrupt the device.
- I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer.
- In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee