9 3 0 1
Message 1 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Scanning area issues on Deskjet 3835, not scanning the entire page

Inkjet 3835
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have bought this hp deskjet ink advantage 3835 today and found that when scanning using the ADF (automatic document feeder) the enter page is not scanned. I am using an A4 page and I have  selected the the correct page for scan settings.

By default, the page will miss the fist few inches of the page. However, when the scanning is complete and if I go to preview and then go to more (detailed adjustments) then when I click to "manage images" I can see the entire page is scanned. Here I am able to  select the entire scan area. I can also save the setting of the scan area with the size I want i.e. 8.27*11.69 for an A4 size. The setting is saved too.

But the problem is that when I scan again it defaults to the original setting. The issue is that I cannot keep on changing the setting each time otherwise what is the point of a ADF if I have to baby sit the scanning.

Anyone else has the same problem or have a solution please share....

Thanks

Vinzy

18 REPLIES 18
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
19,140 19,043 1,091 1,181
Message 2 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vinzy

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP Deskjet 3835 Printer. I understand that it is not scanning the entire page and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers,

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 3 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Even im facing the same issue, can you help me out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 4 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Is problem solved?? if yes kindly guide me too

0 Kudos
Highlighted
2 2 0 0
Message 5 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Nope
0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 6 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi. I have the same issue with this printer. This is a serious problem with my work as I can't scan any documents right now. Please give me a solution

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 1
9 3 0 1
Message 7 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had contacted HP global customer care and they had acknowledged this issue by taking a remote of my pc and seeing themselves. The complaint is still open with them for over a month now without any resolution. It appears the problem is with the desktop software provided to run the printer. They needs to fix bugs in it.

Please contact HP customer care and raise an issue. The more people raise it earlier they will fix it. At the time when I raised it they said I am the only one facing this issue.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 0
Message 8 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My printer has also same problem. Lodged a complaint with the HP Care. Their representative came and replaced the adf but the problem didnt go. 

Whats the point in buying this printer if the adf doest work.

Eagerly waiting for the solution.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 9 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

They did the same with my printer, they even change the IC Board, but still same problem. at the end, i gave up as the regularly close my case saying that they have solved the problem

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,357 20,345 1,350 2,013
Message 10 of 19
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Vermabhishek,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are facing issues scanning.

I’d love to help!

I am sending you a private message with instructions. Please perform the steps to reset the printer.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

If the solution provided helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Your feedback counts!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation