Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 4630 and Webscan
Chrome OS

The instructions say to click on a page + icon which does not appear on my scanned image page

14 REPLIES 14
HP Recommended

@JimmyRayBob

Welcome to HP support community.

Which application are you using to scan?

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Screenshot of application used to scan from my printer attached, once I scan the first page I can save but I don't see any icon with a Page+ that the support pages suggest would allow multiple pages to be screened.Screenshot 2019-12-21 at 9.46.25 AM.png

HP Recommended

@JimmyRayBob

Update the printer firmware

Here are the steps:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ran thru the menu on my printer and was advised that my printer had the most current updates installed. 

Same problem exists as previously described.

HP Recommended

@JimmyRayBob

Let's try these steps to reset the printer - 

1) From the printer's control panel, touch Tools.

2) Touch Restore To Defaults.

Let me know how that goes.

Have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Restored to Defaults - no change in scanning results, see image below - I don't see the page+ icon that would allow me to scan another page to the same file.

Restoring to Defaults did require me to reset the printer connect to my network and I am now getting a NOT SECURE message on the webpage for Webscan when I open it (see second image enclosed), which is disconcerning.  I'm not very happy about this unintended result.

So far, the tech support suggestions (check for firmware updates and restore to defaults) have not worked - I need to be able to scan multiple pages to single document - on line help suggests there is a page+ icon that should appear which I would click to add pages - where should this icon appear ? on the Webscan page or the scanned image page?

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.30.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-12-23 at 9.34.46 AM.png

HP Recommended

Here's the tech support notes from online - see item #3 below - this option does not appear for me - I cannot scan multiple pages to a single file. How to add pages to a scanned document (PDF)

1. Load your original on the printer.
  2. Open HP Smart (Windows 10, macOS, mobile), HP Scan (Windows), or HP Easy Scan (macOS), depending on what you have installed, and then start the scan as a PDF file.
  3. If you are scanning from the scanner glass and want to add more pages to the PDF, load the next page, and then click  

Add Pages or Scan Next Item, or Add. Click Scan if prompted.
    If you scan from a document feeder, all of the loaded originals are scanned into a single PDF file automatically. Not all printers have document feeders.
  4. Repeat this process until all pages are scanned, and then save the file.
HP Recommended

@JimmyRayBob

This might require remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Will do. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.