Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 2600 All-in-One Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have installed a new Deskjet 2600 series printer for use by two laptops.  The first laptop prints perfectly well.  HP Smart shows the second laptop as successfully installed and ready to print.  It does appear to send a document to the printer (the printer makes the usual "I'm going to print" noise and the document shows very briefly in the queue) but that's it.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled a number of times on the second laptop.  I have checked IP addresses.  The printer is set as shared on the network.  I would be really grateful if someone could suggest what I can try next.  

26 REPLIES 26
HP Recommended

Give the HP print & scan doctor program a try, use this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.
HP Recommended

I have tried that and it confirms everything is set up and working okay.

HP Recommended

Are you a antivirus program?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I tried pausing my antivirus and then printing but still nothing.

HP Recommended

Try uninstalling the antivirus completely.

HP Recommended

I have done what you suggested but no luck.

HP Recommended

Let's check the system files.

Open a cmd prompt with admin privilege and type sfc /scannow (right click on the Start icon > Search > cmd)

HP Recommended

Sorry, I fell at the first hurdle.  Apparently I "must be an administrator running a console session" to do this and I don't know what that means or how to fix it.  It really is very kind of you to try and help with this but I have a feeling getting the printer to work on the second laptop is just not going to happen.  It won't even work when connected with a cable although it does still make the "I'm going to print" sound.

HP Recommended

What happens if you click on "Run as Administrator" on your screen?

Below is a image of the cmd prompt screen.

cmdprompt.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.