Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I can send emails from any Microsoft/Hotmail/Outlook account and it will print normally. If I send from any personal Gmail account I will actually receive an email back from the printer letting me know that it received the print job, but nothing prints. 

Product Name:   HP Officejet Pro 8600 N911g

Product Model Number:   CM750A

Firmware Version:   CLP1CN1829AR

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@dunaengus 

Not sure, though there is a weakness in the software that disallows (does not support) two-step verification.

If you do use two-step verification and do not wish to switch off the feature, consider not using this particular gmail address and / or create a gmail address that does not depend on two-step verification to use for ePrint.

HP Printers - Printing with HP ePrintHP ePrint Email Job Does Not Print

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi Dragon-Fur, I am emailing an attachment TO the printer to be received at the printer's email address for printing. There should be no issue with two-step verification for incoming emails to [my printer's name]@hpeprint.com. I believe that most of the commenters in this thread are talking about this same scenario with emails originating from a Gmail address, going to their printer's HP ePrint address.

But to respond to the issue you are talking about in your response, I have programmed in two Gmail addresses into my printer for use for outgoing email that originates from the printer, and using an app password has worked well for me. You are correct that the printer does not have an interface to deal with the secondary authentication. 

Thanks

HP Recommended

@dunaengus 

You are welcome.

Good to hear the app password approach does work.

Edits -

Addi content and include the interesting information from @manojchak 

What is Confidential Email and what does it do?

Gmail - Send and Open confidential emails

General example - EWS - Scan > Scan to Email - setup

EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_6EWS_8740_Scan-to-Email_Setup_6

Original Content...

Comments - not to be confused with HP policy, documentation, or statements of service

Part of the issue - for at least some commenters - is perhaps that ePrint is not always as straightforward as it might appear from the outside.  There are servers, processes, sometimes long trails of transfers to get the data to the actual printer.  Some printers do not handle snmp - this adds another layer of complexity. 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Select the relevant post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.