Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

The link addresses server connection error 901.  Please send me information for server connection error 403.  I can use all the eprint services.  I am only having problem using scan to email.  It worked last week.  It does not work this week. 

HP Recommended

Hey Forkner2,

Did you follow the instruction on EWS ?

Did you reset printer computer and router?

Let me know.

Thanks

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom left to say “Thanks” for helping.:smileyhappy:

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended
Hi Kyle_W, I have the same problem. Scan to email worked fine for a while and has suddenly stopped working. Tried the power plug resolution with no luck, same with downloading the Scan To Email app. My printer is HP5520.

Could you send the partial reset instructions? Thank you!
HP Recommended

Can I please have the secret instructions to resolve this problem messaged to me?

Thank you.

----

Windows 7.

Photosmart 6520.

Trying to use the send to email feature directly from the printer - but getting a 403 error.

HP Recommended

Hi Serena-Chu. If you are getting the Server Connection Error 403 when using Scan To Email and other Web Services are working properly, the fix is to reset Web Services. You will lose your custom ePrint email address during this process, and have to make a new one.
1. Press the Web Services button on the front panel.
2. Press settings.
3. Press 'remove web services' and confirm its removal.
This will bring you back to the home page.
4. Press the Web Services icon on the printer again and go through the setup process.
5. This will give you a new code that will print out, which you can use to add the printer back to your eprintcenter.com or hpconnected.com account.
Then you can customize your @hpeprint address again.

Here is an alternate method to remove and re-add web services (a little more complicated).

The steps to reset Web Services are under the question "What if I lose my printer code before registering my printer?" under the FAQ's in this document.
Getting Started with ePrint
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2585903

mrblah if you are having the same issue this will work for you too.

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

hi Kyle

Please can you also send me the instructions to download the scan to email app and how to solve this problem with my HP 5525

thanks

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issue with the 403 error on the HP 6520.  Would you kindly send me the instructions you've been sending others?

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi Kyle

Please can you send me the indtructions to download the scan to email app (I cant find it) and how to resolve the server error 403 on my HP 5525.

Many thanks

Mark

HP Recommended

markwg,mpawlowski: I assure you this is the fix to the Server Connection Error 403.

Server Connection Error 403:
http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Mac-Printing-and-Scanning/Server-Connection-Error-403/m-p/3114023#M4523...

markwg: If your Scan To Email 'app' is not under the printers 'Scan' menu, try this document.

See the section "Managing Print Apps\Add a Print App" for instructions on adding an app to your printer.
Getting Started with Print Apps and Scheduled Delivery Print Apps
http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03614219

TwoPointOh
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

HP Recommended

HI - Having the same problem and have tried both solutions and neither have fixed the problem.  Really frustrating that i have only had this a few months and now its stopped working!!  Anyone have any other quick fixes as I urgently need to get some work complete today without this I have a huge problem!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.