Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4655 Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a I message on the printer "Service Station Stalled".  The message continues that I am to press the "OK" button for the "printer to automatically attempt its recovery process".  I have been working on this for hours, following all the guidelines by HP, reading tips in the HP help center, reading and doing what tips I can find over the Internet, but the message continues.  I am unable to print, scan, and copy.  Yes, I have looked for a paper jam which is all that HP seems to think is the problem but the service station has nothing to do with a paper jam. The carriage is moving just fine.  I have cleaned the service station twice with cotton swabs and alcohol but it was not very dirty to begin with.  I have had this printer for just under 2 years and it gets used very little.  Maybe a couple copies every other month or so.  I see by all the posts and the number of people viewing the posts that over 4 thousand people are experiencing the same problem but the HP support has only had 1 person resolve the issue, which I have tried what that person supposedly did without success.  It is no wonder that there is tons and tons of electronic garbage being put into our landfills because of poorly manufactured electronics and poor customer service.  If I need to take this to get serviced it will probably cost me more to get it fixed than I paid for the poorly designed printer.  Does any one have suggestions for a fix to this malfunction?       

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@PJ05

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I just bought this 4650 on Saturday, January 12, 2020, right after my much-loved, HP 7612 flashed suddenly the message of missing printhead -- well, the message that sadly many, many owners of this model seem to get suddenly at the four-to-five-year period.  Of course, the solution is the same as this for the 4650, and nothing worked.   So I needed something right away, and this was on Amazon refurbished, but the reviews were good, the price was right and, things are very tight right now.  So it arrived on Monday, January 13, 2020, early in the afternoon.  Got it all set up, and it was working, printed about five pages, nice quality, sent faxes, that worked.   Then Tuesday, January 14th, again sent faxes, printed a page, and then later in the day I hear the machine send a message and it says an update was done.  An hour after that I tried to print.  Lo and behold, Service Station Stalled.  And, like everyone, else you can add me to the list of those where this did not work -- and add that this is after five pages and one day of ownership and after an HP update. 

So I get on the phone with Amazon last night, and they said I had to deal with the MRP Sales, who apparently handles these "refurbished" machines.  Didn't sound promising, but then Amazon popped up a screen that I could simply return it.  So, yes, it's being returned to Amazon via Kohl's dropoff service today.   Thanks, HP.  

And, yeah, I thought about not getting another HP, but sadly the reviews on all other brands was just as bad or worse.  You guys must love filling up landfills.   Sadly, ordinary folks get blamed for wanting the latest, greatest and filling up landfills.   Guess what?   Most folks just want what they buy to last. 

HP Recommended

@Samalabear

I have read your post and I understand your concerns and frustration

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.