Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp 7520

I set up new 7520 printer, and the ink screen indicates with yellow yield signs that All the ink cartridges are empty.  We have several of these printers and had to replace one so I'm pretty perplexed why this is happening.  I even switched out the printer head with a brand new one even though it already has a brand new one, just to see if the printer head was the problem, but it still shows All cartridges are empty and I cannot print a print quality report or printer status report.  I can't print anything.  I have already tried to do a hard reset twice.  I'm out of ideas. Please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you tried checking other ink cartridges?

Are the cartridges indicated as Setup cartridges or not?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

I replaced all the cartridges with new ones even though the ones I had originally put in it (from the old printer and jut used yesterday) were all over 3/4 full.   I then did a reset and it now recognizes the cartridges. I hope I'll still be able to use the other cartridges.  I'd hate to waste them.  They're not cheap.  I don't understand why the printer didn't recognize cartridges that were pretty full.  Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.