Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Envy7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have never been able to set this machine up for scanning. Does not seem to like Win10.

Tried it wired, wireless, doesn't matter.  Not a novice at this.  Beyond frustrated, gave up and will likely not purchase another HP printer.  

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@cbassi, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

To assist you better, are you able to print from your PC?

Do you get any errors while scanning?

Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

To know how to setup the printer, refer to this document.

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

• Make sure the printer and the PC are connected to the same wireless network.
  • This printer supports only 2.4GHz network.
  • If you have a Dual-band router and both 2.4GHz and 5GHz networks share the same name/SSID, the printer will not be able to connect to the network. In this case, contact your Internet service provider to assign different names to both the networks.

Install HP smart app to print and scan

To download and know more about the app, click here

Try scanning.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Kumar0307 - still no luck.  The HP printer reflects the correct WiFi connection but the software will not upload.  It keeps saying there is an issue and to "retry."  

HP Recommended

@cbassi

1. Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
  2. Type the IP address at the top of your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  3. If you get any security notification, click on show details/advanced and 'proceed to this website'.
  4. Go to tools > Print a test page.

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello Kumar0307,

I obtained the IP address from the Envy and entered it as you directed.  I followed the prompts, selected the 2.4mHz wifi and below is the message I received.  I ran it a second time and rec'd the same depressing message.  Appreciate your help but this is so frustrating.  Chris

"The settings have been saved successfully. However, communication between the browser and the printer has been lost.
To reconnect, make sure:

- The computer and the printer are on the same network.
- The printer's IP address is correct. Open a new browser window, and then enter the printer's IP address.
Tip: To obtain the printer's IP address, print the network configuration page. Also, you might be able to view the IP address from the printer's display. For more information, see the documentation provided with the printer."

HP Recommended

@cbassi

I think this issue needs some additional technical assistance that can be better provided through one-on-one interaction with our HP Support team.

I would request you to contact them for further assistance.

1) Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2) Select your product type below.

3) Enter the serial of your device.

4) Select the country from the drop-down.

5) Select the appropriate option based on your preference.

6) Fill the web-form and proceed further.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.