Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Photosmart B110A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone!

I did reset my Photosmart B110A (by entering the hidden menu) but now when it comes to install and configure it, the process stops because I don't have the SETUP Ink Cartridges, but others. How do I solve that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniela3,

I came across this post that if you want to try it at your own discretion to see if it helps. I will send you a PM. In the forum beside your handle name, just click on the envelope to view it.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi @Daniela3

Thanks for reaching out to the forums! I understand that you are getting the message to "Install the Setup Cartridges". I would be happy to help you. 

You would need the Setup ink cartridges installed in order to continue the using this product.

You can contact HP Customer Support and inquire about getting a set of Setup Cartridges.

If the issue is resolved and you appreciate my help, please click the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up". Let me know how you make out. Cheers!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi @Gemini02
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately it was not helpful, because the issue I'm dealing with has already happened time ago, but then I was able to solve it without getting the setup ink cartridges, and now I cant rembember how.
So, can anyone help me?

HP Recommended

Please :Crying:

HP Recommended

Hi @Daniela3,

I came across this post that if you want to try it at your own discretion to see if it helps. I will send you a PM. In the forum beside your handle name, just click on the envelope to view it.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

HP Recommended

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem as @Daniela3 described. A friend of mine gave me his printer (HP Photosmart B110a) because he wasn't using him at all. I did a semi full restart using the hidden menu and now I can't seem to get trough the installation menu because the printer is asking for Setup Cartridges which I don't have....

Can someone please help me with this? I already purchased 4 new cartridges which I want to use...

Many thanks

Regards

RickJ2

HP Recommended

Hi,

I also have encountered this problem (but cannot read what Gemini gave as a solution). Anybody knows how to deal with this issue ??

HP Recommended

Hi@RickJ2,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. One Stop for all sort of solutions for your HP Products

I have read your post and understand that you are unable to use the cartridges. Is that, right?

I request you to check your private messages from your forum account for further steps.

This should solve the issue.  Let me know for more solution.

Resolv_S

Glad to help you. I work for HP

Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the Kudos Thumbs Up" to say “Thanks” for helping!

"HP respects and is committed to protecting the personal information of our covered individuals." You can read more in the HP Privacy Statement.

Resolv_S
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the Thumbs up" button!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.