Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8025
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Setting up brand new OfficeJet Pro 8025.  Won't print WORD docs, but prints pdf and emails. 

Print and Scan doctor says everything is OK with printer, all drivers are up to date. 

Word doc, click PRINT, spinning blue circle....then computer displays the HP fax dialog box, but does not print. 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

@hwmpg1

Welcome back and congrats on the new Printer.

Let's try to do a root uninstall and reinstall of the software:

Unplug any USB cable, if any, before doing this.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose 'Delete' or 'Remove Device'

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo

14.) Type c:/programdata and click Ok. Go to Hewlett Packard folder, remove any printer related folders & files.

15.) Restart the computer.

Once done, please download and install the software from here:

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
(I could swear I posted this yesterday morning, reviewed it again last night, and now I can't find the response I posted (below) anywhere on the HP support site

Thank you, Betty0610

I followed the 15 steps, then used the link to reinstall the software and drivers.  

On Reinstalling:

* ALL DRIVERS was pre-checked, including

* Driver Product Installation Software

* Driver Universal Fax Driver

* Firmware

* Software Utility

* Utility Diagnostic Tools

I DID NOT download the APP, since I have never nor do I intend to ever print from my phone.

On Installing, the following screens:

HP Easy Start Printer Setup......there was only 1 item to click on--the DOWNLOAD button, so I clicked it

* Ready to download printer setup software

* Continue

* Continue  HP OfficeJet Pro 8020 Series

* HP Easy Start (the page with the inks, warranty, etc.)----Continue

* HP Easy Start
----------------Please Wait

With my original attempt in installing, this page with PLEASE WAIT stayed, unchanged, for several hours.  After several hours I assumed that there must be another way to install.  

If I really should wait, how many days should I wait for the software to finish installing?

thank you again

herb

HP Recommended

Hi @hwmpg1

Please try these steps -

1) Right-click on the Start or the Windows icon and open run. 
2) In the Run box, type %temp% and hit on "Ok". This will open the "Temp" folder.
3) Select "Date Modified" to "Today" and look for a 7z.... folder. 
4) Open the folder and look for a .msi file. 
5) Right click on it to install. 

Try running the downloaded file in compatibility mode. Once the driver is downloaded, right click on the download in the browser and then click on "Show in folder". Right click on "Properties" and then click on the "Compatibility" tab. Select, "Run this compatibility mode for:" - Windows Vista. Also, check the box for "Run this program as an administrator". 

Keep me posted.

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you, Asmita 6658

I opened the 7z..... folder, but alas, all the files were .dll files.  No .msi files to be found.  🙁

The new printer DOES scan, print .pdf files and emails, just not Word.docs. 

herb

HP Recommended

@hwmpg1

This might need remote access of the computer to fix the issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Thank you Sandytechy20

I will have to try that as soon as I get back into town.  

herb w
HP Recommended

@hwmpg1

Sure, you can contact them at your leisure.

Thanks

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sandy

Spoke with Renz Viel at HP support on the phone just now.  I had previously checked, and the HP OfficeJet Pro 8025 was selected as the default printer at Devices and Printers.  When attempting to print a WORD document, SOMEHOW, SOME WAY the default selection had been changed to FAX.  I expect that this happened at some point during the setup process, but was not an item I had thought about checking.  The clue that I missed was, when I pressed PRINT, a fax dialog box always showed up.  Live and learn.  And thank you for your help

herb

HP Recommended

I'm glad to hear that and you're most welcome. Do get back to us in the future for further assistance.

Have a nice day!:)

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.