Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet 3720
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
Are these normally completely empty? I can’t evem print a test page.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Shaun3,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have already contacted our HP phone support and I'm glad to hear that they have already shipped out a set of ink cartridges for your Printer. 

Once you receive the ink cartridges, please go ahead and install them and I'm sure these cartridges should do the trick. 

If you come across any issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message, simply reply to the message with the information needed. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @Shaun3,

Thanks for taking an interest in the HP Support Forums! This is a great location to get resolutions and interact with experts from the community. As I understand you are having issues with the setup cartridges being faulty on your HP DeskJet printer. Don't worry I'll be really glad to help you with this.

As I understand you got a new printer and when trying to use the setup cartridges it shows empty, SETUP ink cartridges cannot be purchased from retailers. If the printer came without SETUP ink cartridges, return it to the retailer. You cannot reuse SETUP ink cartridges to set up a new printer or a replacement printhead. For more assistance, please go through this link: HP Ink Cartridges - 'Use SETUP Cartridges' Error

These setup cartridges can only be shipped by phone support. I would personally suggest you contact our HP phone support and they would be able to ship out a set of setup cartridges for your printer.

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

If you have any troubles, let me know and I will do my best to help!

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hi,
Thanks for replying.
The inks came with the printer and were in sealed packets. I unwrapped them, removed the orange tape covering the print head and chip and installed them as per instructions. My printer is fully set up but it’s shows cartridge error and won’t print. The inks supplied are instant ink ready and I have signed up to instant ink and have cartridges on the way in the post. Will my printer work when I install the inks that arrive in the post? Also why won’t the setup cartridges work. I tried tried cleaning all the contacts etc and reinstalling them and they still won’t work.
HP Recommended

Hi @Shaun3,

Thank you for replying,

As I understand you have already contacted our HP phone support and I'm glad to hear that they have already shipped out a set of ink cartridges for your Printer. 

Once you receive the ink cartridges, please go ahead and install them and I'm sure these cartridges should do the trick. 

If you come across any issue, please don't hesitate to reach out to us again. 

Since the instant ink account details are confidential, please send me the required information via private message.

I am sending you a private message, simply reply to the message with the information needed. Please check the mailbox icon at the top right corner of your screen to access your inbox.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Cheers 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
👍
HP Recommended

Hi @Shaun3,

Thank you for replying,

Please wait for the cartridges to be shipped and once you receive please go ahead and install it and check how it goes.
I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,
It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.
And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment. 

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.