Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600
Windows 7

Machine is about one year old and handles a low volume (avg less than 100pgs/mth between pages sent from computer, copying and scanning). Pages sent from computer continue to print well but for the last month scan or copy functions always produce pages with a thin (1mm?) black vertical line in the middle of the page.

Have cleaned glass several times but no joy.

Solution(s)?

Thx. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Followed all the steps in theprovided link down to "shine a flashlight on the glass" and the flashlight revealed a previously undetected tiny particle still stuck to the glass despite several cleanings. Once removed the line disappeared. Thnaks for the flashlight tip!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi, @bbowes , and welcome to the HP Forums!

I understand you're having issues with your print quality output.  I would like to help!

I would recommend removing the ink cartridges, and performing a power reset.  Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power outlet, then wait 60 seconds. After 60 seconds, plug the printer back in. Ensure you plug the printer directly to a wall outlet. Make sure to bypass any sort of surge protector or power bar.

I'd then recommend following the steps in this document:

Vertical Bands, Lines, or Streaks in Copies, Faxes, or Scans

Good luck and please let me know the results of your troubleshooting steps. Thank you for posting on the HP Forums!

Please click “Accept as Solution " if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks" for helping!

Jamieson
I work on behalf of HP

"Remember, I'm pulling for you, we're all in this together!" - Red Green.
HP Recommended

Followed all the steps in theprovided link down to "shine a flashlight on the glass" and the flashlight revealed a previously undetected tiny particle still stuck to the glass despite several cleanings. Once removed the line disappeared. Thnaks for the flashlight tip!

HP Recommended

My HP 8630 printer has a solid black line when I scan a document.  I have cleaned the screen, removed the ink cartridges, unplugged the printer.  Any other suggestions?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.