Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP 8620 Pro
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP 8620 Pro all-in-one Printer that recently started printing very slowly.  I think this new printing has come after a firmware update.  I see that my printer is running FDP1CN1910AR firmware.  When I check the HP support website it has be download the update that is 1828A.  When I attempt to load that update, I cannot select the printer because the Firmware that I am trying to load is older than what is already installed.  Can someone help me to load the older firmware so I can verify that the slow printing is a result of the firmware update, or do I have other issues?  I have reset the printer and also checked normal print settings and such.  HELP.....

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@2RSmith,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Are you having issues only while printing or even while making a copy from the printer.

What application are you trying to print from? Is it happening only while printing from specific application?

Have you tried to update the firmware from the front panel?

Let's try these steps here: 

Perform a Hard reset on the printer and make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let’s first try and make a “photocopy” to determine whether the issue is with the printer or not. Place a document on the scanner glass and choose “Copy” option. If the printer is making a good copy, then the printer hardware is fine.

If the copy comes out slow, then this could be a possible hardware failure. I would recommend you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

If the copy comes out fine, then I would suggest here is to update the printer firmware, Let's try to update the printer from the front panel and check if it has the latest firmware installed. 

For more details on how to update the firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

You may follow the steps from this link: HP Printers - Slow Printing (Windows)

Let me know how it goes!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I had previously performed a hard reset and all the other suggestions for slow printing.  It printed slow from any and all applications and in the copy mode.  I then tried reseating the printhead as I read on another post.  This finally broke it, and I then got a consistent printhead error.  So... I went to Costco and bought a new replacement.  Problem solved.  Thanks for getting back to me.

HP Recommended

@2RSmith,

I'm glad you found the error and congratulations on the new printer. 

Do visit our HP Forums and drop us a message anytime you need help

Thank you 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.