Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Smart Tank Plus 555
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The printer is pretty new, a couple of months, and now it stopped picking glossy paper. The rollers just slide off it. Plain paper is no problem.

I trried following the instructions for cleaning the rollers with a damp cotton swab, on https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-smart-tank-plus-550-wireless-all-in-one-series/18695928/mode... but I have a feeling that those instructions are for an older model, because with this one, the rollers can't be reached with a cotton swab. Even if I would have had a longer swab, the instructions to rotate the rollers with my fingers are literally impossible.

So, what can I do instead?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MrLister If you've gone through all the steps as mentioned below and yet the issue persists, this could be a hardware malfunction:

During a print, copy, fax, or scan job, the printer does not feed paper from the input tray or automatic document feeder (ADF). The printer might make noises as though it is printing, but no paper moves through it. One of the following might also display:

• A Load paper or Out of paper message displays on the printer software or HP Smart app.

• Printers with touchscreens: The printer is out of paper. Load paper into the tray to print. message displays on the control panel.

• Printers without touchscreens: The Alert icon and Paper Error icon are blinking and the Resume light is on or blinks.

FOR DETAILS & FURTHER INSTRUCTIONS, USE THIS LINK: CLICK HERE & Skip to steps under: Printer does not pick up paper from the input tray

(By the end of this article all the issues should be resolved)

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.