Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 9015
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I just got a new OfficeJet Pro 9015, and the inclusion of Smart Tasks seemed like a useful tool in theory. However, I am dumbfounded at a few things that I hope I am misunderstanding:

1) Is there really no way to skip the "Choose an account" step when starting a Smart Task? I only have one HP account - like most people at home I'd imagine - so why waste the step of showing the customer their accounts and making them select one. There's no way to set the default so it doesn't show this any more?

2) If I go into Advanced > Printer Home Page (EWS) > Scan to Email options > Email Options then set the default to greyscale PDF scanning...the Smart Tasks still scan in colour. Where/how do I change the defaults printer-side so that my Smart Tasks will scan in 300 dpi greyscale every time?

3) If the point of Smart Tasks is to save time, why doesn't the "Scan another page?" prompt vanish after a few seconds and just complete the scan? I'd guess most scans using the scanning bed are single pages - the ADF is what people would use for multi-page scans. Forcing someone to wait there for the scan to complete, then verify they don't want another page by clicking Finish, THEN doing the task is really dumb. Is there any way to make this work faster/better in the options? I haven't found anything.

Thanks for any suggestions!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@SilverRonin, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

On which device are you using the Smart Tasks? 

You will have to choose an account and log-in to proceed with using Smart tasks.

Refer to this document for more info on Using Smart Tasks.

To change the Scan resolution, go to HP Smart app > Scan to Email > Settings > change the resolution as required

Scan another page option is as per the design of the app. As of now, there are no other options to bypass it. However, your feedback is valued and will be forwarded to the respective team in HP to see if the newer firmware updates can include this option.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.