Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet 8620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

DOES HP OFFER A SOFTWARE TOOL THAT CAN COMPLETELY REMOVE ALL HP SOFTWARE AND REGISTRY ENTRIES ON A COMPUTER.  I WOULD LIKE TO CLEAN OUT EVERYTHING AND START A CLEAN INSTALL AS IF IT WERE THE FIRST TIME I WAS INSTALLING HP SOFTWARE FOR MY PRINTER ON MY COMPUTER?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Use this program here:

http://www.iobit.com/en/advanceduninstaller.php

Use Powerful Scan at the end and delete all registry entries shown.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I downloaded your suggestion and attempted to rtotally emove all HP software from my computer.  It did not do the job.  I tried using Program and Features in Control Panel for Windows 10.  That works but I am still left with what I have attached below.  My main goal is to totally clean out multiple HP scanners but so far to no avail.  Perhaps you may have a suggestion or know where I can get the info to accomplish this task.  Again, thanks for your original response.

Multiple Scanner Choices When trying to scan

Product Name: HP 8620 Officejet
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I uninstalled and reinstalled my software for this printer several times.  Each time after installation it leaves the name of each printer in numerical sequence.  When I attempt to scan, a dialogue box comes up showing all of the previous scanners as follows:

HP Officejet 8620 (Net)

Hp Officejet 8620 (Net) #2

HP Officejet 8620 (Net) #3

Whenever I select Scan.exe, that is what occurs as well as any software that I attempt to scan from.

I need to be able to remove all of these so I only have the one that actually works.  Two of the above cannot communicate with the software.

HP Scanners on computer.JPG

HP Recommended

Another good tool is CCleaner.  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download 

Also, HP used to have a REMOVE option when selecting the HP printer software.  That option is not available in Windows 7 software for the HP 6830 OfficeJet Pro.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.