Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
C5180 Photosmart
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Software for C5180 works from Windows 10 or even 8.   Loaded printer to Apple and I only get grey stiped versions of coloue photos.   Changed cartridges, went through the auto "add printer" in Apple Imac and no chage.  Back onto Windows and and it prints correctly.

Contacted Apple and they say "contact HP" but this is as far as I can get without the oofer of buying another new printer. Already did that too, but the quality in the older printer is superior.   Oh "Brother" etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Update!

I ignored the Apple method or loading/updating software.  Searched around the HP site and eventually found a way of loading the software direct from them instead.  Amazing....my old (better) printer now works.

Just shows you that when an older printer is involved, it doesn't always follow that Apple are up to date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@GHCR

Installing Your HP Printer Driver and Software for Mac OS X Install the HP Printer Driver and Software provided within your operating system.

This document is for HP printers that have drivers available through Apple Software Update and Mac computers with OS X 10.11 El Capitan, 10.10 Yosemite, 10.9 Mavericks, 10.8 Mountain Lion, and 10.7 Lion.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-C5100-All-in-One-Printer-series/1153538/model/1153...

REO

HP Recommended

I have tried this frequently and it does not improve matters.  Apple came on and tried to do the same on line and were as successful as me.  They fired me back to HP but there is a shortage of "Human" support there, unless they can sell you something.

HP Recommended

Update!

I ignored the Apple method or loading/updating software.  Searched around the HP site and eventually found a way of loading the software direct from them instead.  Amazing....my old (better) printer now works.

Just shows you that when an older printer is involved, it doesn't always follow that Apple are up to date.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.