Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

The IP address revealed in the Report Page is not reachable.

HOW can I change the IP address of the printer?

Note that I cannot go to "network tab" since the page is inreachable!

I am stuck!

HP Recommended

Hi @prschwob,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with connecting the printer to a wireless network and assigning a static IP address. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Are you trying to assign a static IP address?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer with the operating system installed to assist you correctly. (Windows or Mac version is important also)
  • Is the printer being connected to a wireless network?
  • Do you get any error messages while connecting the printer to the wireless network?

For now, if you want to know how to assign a static IP address please follow the YouTube link: http://hp.care/2tV7I4y from HP This should fix the issue.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care and have a blessed week ahead. 🙂

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @prschwob,

Good Day.  Thank you for posting your query in the HP community.  I read the post regarding issues with connecting the printer to a wireless network and assigning a static IP address. I will be delighted to assist you here. 🙂

Superb description and commendable diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that. 🙂

For better clarity and to assist you better I would require more information regarding this:

• Are you trying to assign a static IP address?
  • Please let me know the complete model# of the printer with the operating system installed to assist you correctly. (Windows or Mac version is important also)
  • Is the printer being connected to a wireless network?
  • Do you get any error messages while connecting the printer to the wireless network?

For now, if you want to know how to assign a static IP address please follow the YouTube link: http://hp.care/2tV7I4y from HP This should fix the issue.

Please perform all these steps patiently as it is critical to resolving the issue. The trick is to remain patient, Going by your technical expertise and competence I am sure you will be able to perform these steps without breaking a sweat. 🙂

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goesTo simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for this - but as I wrote in my initial query, it is NOT possible to reach the printer (HP Deskjet 6940) with my Windows 7 (64 bit) computer using a browser!

The printer is at 10.0.0.8 but my computer and network is on 192.168.1.xxx

So I am completely stuck.

I am currently using USB to connect to the printer and cannot reach it using the LAN. I want to change the IP from 10.0.0.8 to something on 192.168.1.xxx but I cannot find a way. So at present the printer can only be used from my pc and cannot be accessed by my other devices on the network.

HP Recommended

And further to my last - NO, I cannot connect wirelessly (since I cannot access and set the printer via the browser.) I can only reach it via USB.

HP Recommended

Hi @prschwob,

I reviewed the post. Thanks for the quick reply. You've done amazingly well by displaying great technical competence, superb attitude and remarkable temperament to try and resolve the issue. Kudos to you for a job well done, 🙂

First off, the printer cannot be connected to a wireless network as it does not support that feature.

Please check the product specs link: http://hp.care/2wCqLkd  and look under connectivity options. 

So assigning a static IP address for this printer will not help at all.

You could connect it using a USB connection or a wired connection.

Please follow all the prescribed steps from this link and check if it gets resolved

if the issue continues please perform all the relevant steps from this link and this should do the trick for you

Hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Cheers!

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.