Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

I have a HP F2180 Deskjet All In One Printer.

I have replacement ink cartridges. (both compatible, I checked)

However, I placed the black ink cartridge on the left cartridge compartment which should have been the colour ink cartridge's compartment.

On top of this, it is now stuck; probably because I inserted it while the printer was off. :Crying:

Is there any way to release the cartridge, I can't take it out?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear the inconvenient with your HP Deskjet F2180 All-in-One Printer.

The only way to get the ink cartridge from the color slot is to pry the ink cartridge from the top, be careful of not to damage the plastic tab or other parts in the unit.

In the attached picture, you can see  where the ink cartridge is hitting and trapped, you can insert the tip of a flat screwdriver and push the ink cartridge down while pulling it out with your fingers. Be careful not to insert the screwdriver all the way in or you can damage other parts.

Hope this works!!

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to hear the inconvenient with your HP Deskjet F2180 All-in-One Printer.

The only way to get the ink cartridge from the color slot is to pry the ink cartridge from the top, be careful of not to damage the plastic tab or other parts in the unit.

In the attached picture, you can see  where the ink cartridge is hitting and trapped, you can insert the tip of a flat screwdriver and push the ink cartridge down while pulling it out with your fingers. Be careful not to insert the screwdriver all the way in or you can damage other parts.

Hope this works!!

I am an HP employee, Printer/All-in-One Expert.
Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon"
Please mark the post that solves your problem as an Accepted Solution so other forum users can utilize the solution.
HP Recommended

After some leverage, confusion and effort...it worked! (took me 2 or 3 minutes)

I had to take it out like a leaver, I expected it would pop out by using a small button at the back or something, oh well.

Thanks alot!

HP Recommended

i own a deskjet 2050 j510, somehow i managed to get the color cartridge in backwards, is there a way to remove it without hurting the printer?

HP Recommended

Greetings @cordell23

Thanks for accessing the HP Support Forums for extra support! I see that the cartridge is stuck inside the printer in a backward position. I would like to help.

If you tried all the suggestions on the previous post already, then I contact HP Customer Support  to find out what service or trade-in options are available. Fill in the model number and the form to receive a case number for quicker assistance.

Thanks!

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

I also have the colour ink where the black should I tried to release the colour

but can't it stuck and unable to release it

need help

HP Recommended

My colour ink is stuck and in the wrong place black should be where the colour is

it is so stuck I cannot move it to release it

is there a right and wrong way  of putting these inks in and is that why it is stuck

do I have to have the printer on to try and release the colour ink

tried for the last hour to release the colour still can't

Getting really frustrated

Spoiler

HP Recommended

Just released it  thanks for these comments  not sure now how to put them in in case it gets stuck again

Thankyou for your comment they did  xxx

HP Recommended

I got the &@#! thing out with raw muscle, with no damage to cartridge or printer -- thank GOD!...

To HP Employee/Grad Student "Blanco474" -- Whatever was catching on it and keeping it lodged in place -- thorough visual inspection revealed no physical object that could explain the extraction difficulty! -- it was *not* the lip you specified; I could clearly see space between it and the little clip that comes down on the upper-right of the frame that holds the cartridge. So I don't know what you was smokin' on 01-05-2012 at 11:31 AM, but I have been completely sober for some time now.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.