Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Here's a screenshot of the problem

Sans titre.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi Eloking,

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=mp-85745-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&...=

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the L4uninstall.exe

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

Say Thanks by clicking the Kudos Star in the post that helped you.

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
HP Recommended

Hello.

I do have the same problem with a C4780: hpzpnp40.exe missing

I have followed all the steps mentioned above, but it still does not work

notes:

- I DID work with the C310A pacakge but this is not my printer So I started again with the installation package for 4780 unsuccessfuly

- I get the meesage hpzpnp40.exe is not found althought i verified it is there:

Capture.PNG

HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

Follow the steps below, and let me know what happens?

Step one: Clear temp directory

1. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field
  2. Highlight all the files in this folder, and then press the delete key to delete. If you get a message that the file is in use you will need to skip this file(s).
  3. Continue with Step 2 below

Step two: Downloaded and extracted to your system:

1. Download the full feature software and drivers

Note: Go to HP Customer Care, and then enter your printer model. Download the full feature software and driver, and then follow the remaining steps below. If your product doesn’t have the uninstall_l4 then please let me know what printer you have and the operating system you are running.

2. Once the download is finished double click on the file to extract the software.

3. When the installation window opens press the cancel button to stop the installation

4. Type %temp% in the run or search for programs and files field

5. Look for, and open the folder starting with 7z (Example: 7zS2356)

6. Right click on the folder, and select Copy

7. Close that window, and all your open windows, and then in the middle of the desktop right click your mouse, and select Paste. This will move the 7z folder to your desktop.

8. Open the 7z folder you just copied to your desktop

9. Open folder Util

10. Open folder CCC

11. Run the uninstall_L4 (.bat or .exe)

12. When the uninstall has completed restart the computer

13. Run Disk cleanup from Accessories\ System Tools folder under all programs

14. Download and install the latest version of Adobe flash player

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

15. Open the 7z folder, and then double click on the Setup.exe file which will be toward the bottom of the open window. Follow the on screen instructions to reinstall your printer.

Let me know if you are able to successfully install the software and driver, and are able to print & scan?

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Well, it looks to me you just pasted again the very same instructions that were already in the thread, which I was saying did not work for me.

I went to the routine yet once again to make absolutely sure and because I was using the French version of the full install.

I loaded the English full install this time but sure no difference and still this hpzpnp40.exe not found.

Where do we go from here?

I would very much like to be able to use my printer!

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

Hi Cleenhardt2,

It appears you are facing a fatal error while installing the software. There could be several reasons for this issue. Follow the steps in the fatal error document below, and let me know what you find out?

Have you had any issues with spamware or viruses on your computer operating system?

A 'Fatal Error' (MSI error) Displays on the Computer During HP Software Installation in Windows

I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I was lucky to retrieve my original printer's sofware CD  (I just moved from france to the US and not all boxes are sorted yet :smileyfrustrated:).

The install when smoothly with the CD.

I can't figure out why it would go fine with the CD and not with a downloaded version; looks like an HP bug to me.

I have my printer back, after loosing many hours trying to fix it; this is what matters most to me:smileyhappy:.

Thanks fro trying to help:smileylol:.

HP Recommended
Hi Cleenhardt2,

Awesome, so glad to hear you have it working again. Have a wonderful day.
I am an HP employee.

HP Recommended

I've been struggling with reinstalling my C310a and getting the same message. It's looking for the hpzpnp40.exe file in my E drive, which is a DVD/CD-ROM drive. After following the steps outlined previously and having no success, I looked in the folder. Since the file is there, I decided to burn the entire folder to a CD and run the install from my E drive. It worked perfectly! I had the fatal error at the end, as other users have reported, but so far, so good. Although these solutions did not work for me, they led me to a solution, so thank you.

If your having the same problem, and your PC is looking for the hpzpnp40.exe file on a CD drive,

- Burn the contents of the 7z folder to a CD or DVD

- Run the Setup.exe from the CD or DVD you burned

HP Recommended

The real problem is that during unpacking a 7zS.... file is created with one name and then when it is needed the setup program is looking for a different name. Rename the file created on the first pass to the name it is looking for and when you run a second time it can find the folder and is happy. WE like happy programs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.