Level 2
17 7 0 1
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Grinding Sound has returned

ENVY Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I followed the instructions given in my previous post for the grinding sound on my printer and the sound went away.  Well...it's back.  😞   Need more help.

Thanks,

Let's help one another.
1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,276 6,263 457 499
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Grinding Sound has returned

@sunnie1, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Remove the ink cartridge and close the door. The machine will do a pre-start cycle. Should the noise be gone the cartridge might not turn easily. Should the noise still be heard even without the toner then the fault can be on the drive gears or the carriage. Also, check for any paper jams inside the printer, use a flashlight if required.

If without the cartridge everything works smoothly, it means you will have to replace the ink cartridges. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region for further assistance.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation