10-10-2018 10:30 PM - last edited on 10-10-2018 10:41 PM by rick-s
I have a HP Officejet Pro 8610. I am getting a "ink system pump failure" message after correctly changed depleted cartriges with HP cartriges. I have tried turning off the power and unplugging from the power source multiple times at this point, as well as checking all ink cartridges. But I keep getting the same message. I have tried resseting and the problems keeps coming back with the ame error. The printer is no longer under warranty at this point. Bought a refurbished one from HP about 2 years ago. How can this be fixed?
10-11-2018 05:22 PM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.
To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:
Are you using genuine HP Ink cartridge?
Was any hardware change done in the printer?
I suggest you do a Hard Reset
(1) Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
(2) Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
(3) With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
(4) Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
(5) Wait at least 60 seconds.
(6) Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
NOTE: HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to the wall outlet.
(7) Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
(8) Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
The printer might go through a warm-up period. The printer lights might flash, and the carriage might move.
Wait until the warm-up period finishes and your printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
Then follow the troubleshooting steps in this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8610-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5367603/docum...
Keep me posted, how it goes!
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
05-19-2019 08:50 AM
Thank you for posting in this thread. Unfortunately based on when the last response was made, I have closed this thread to help keep comments current and up to date. We recommend starting a new thread for your issue by clicking here.
To be more helpful with your post, you can add key information if you desire:
1. Product Name and Number (please do not post Serial Number)
• Example: HP Pavilion DV2-1209AX or HP Deskjet 3000 Printer CH393A
2. Operating System installed (if applicable)
• Example: Windows XP, Windows Vista 32-bit, Windows 7 64-bit
3. Error message (if any)
• Example: ""Low disk space"" error in Windows
4. Any changes made to your system before the issue occurred
• Examples: Upgrading your Operating System or installing a new software; or installing new hardware like a printer, modem, or router.
If you have any other questions about posting in the community, please feel free to send me a private message!