Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp photosmart b110a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So I just received my new printing head and changed it after cleaning all cords as it says and despite that it seems that it is not working any ideas why and how to do the factory reset for the printer? I've done couple of resets by removing the cable from the printer but to no avail.

Best regards, Dontkick

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Dontkick

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the printhead

1. Open the door to access to the ink cartridges.

2. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

3. Push the tab on an ink cartridge, and then pull the ink cartridge from its slot. Perform these steps for all the ink cartridges.

CAUTION: 

Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the ink cartridges.

Removing an ink cartridge from the printhead

4. Lift the latch handle on the carriage until it stops.

Image: Lift  the latch handle

5. Lift the printhead to remove it from the carriage.

CAUTION: 

Do not touch the copper-colored contacts. Do not let the contacts touch any surface, and be careful not to scratch the contacts while inserting the cartridges.

Do not touch the electrical contacts.

Image: Remove the  printhead

6. Lightly dampen a clean, lint-free cloth with bottled or distilled water.

7. Use the damp cloth to wipe the electrical contacts from the bottom to the top. Do not go past the edge between the electrical contacts and the ink nozzles. Repeat this motion until no ink appears on the cloth.

Clean the electrical contacts

8. Use a new, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe any accumulated ink and debris from the edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts.

Clean the edge between the ink nozzles and the electrical contacts

9. Use a new, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the plastic ramps on both sides of the ink nozzles. Wipe away from the nozzles only.

Clean the ramps

10. Dry the previously cleaned areas with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.

11. Use a new, lightly dampened, lint-free cloth to wipe the electrical contacts inside the printer by wiping them from top to bottom. Repeat this motion until no ink appears on the cloth.

Clean the electrical contacts inside the printer

12. Dry the area with a clean, dry, lint-free cloth.

13. Lower the printhead into the carriage.

Image: Reinstall the printhead

14. Lower the latch handle.

Image: Lower the latch handle

15. Slide the ink cartridge into its slot, and then press down on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place. Repeat these steps for the remaining ink cartridges.

Inserting the ink cartridge into place

16. Make sure each ink cartridge is firmly inserted in its slot. If any are protruding, press down until the ink cartridge snaps into place.

17. Close the ink cartridge access door.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.