02-06-2020 11:21 AM
When i'm trying to print from my laptop, i get an error saying "printer couldn't print PDF" and then "printer in an error state". Tried HP Print and Scan doctor, no luck. Tried disconnecting power code and plugging back in, no luck. Please help.
02-09-2020 10:50 AM
@Muskett33 I would like to know the following information to assist you better:
- Did any hardware changes take place on the printer (replacing the cartridges, paper jam, etc.?)
- Are you able to make copies?
In the meantime, let's perform these steps here:
Hard reset on the printer, router, computer and other devices on the same network.
The following steps temporarily disconnect network and Internet connections and require restarting your computer. Complete any tasks or downloads in progress before continuing.
1. Press the Power button on the printer to turn it off.
2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
3. Disconnect the power cord from the wireless router.
4. Turn off the computer.
5. Wait for 30 seconds.
6. Reconnect the power cord to the wireless router.
7. Wait for 30 seconds, or until the router is fully on and ready
8. Turn the computer back on.
9. Wait for the computer to reload
10. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
11. Turn the printer back on.
I would start by checking the installed printer software by downloading and running the HP Print and Scan Doctor. This tool can diagnose and fix many printing and printer software related issues. P
lease use this link to help you with that information: Click here
Please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Printers - Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue (Windows) - Click here
If the issue persists, I would suggest you try and assign a manual IP and create a TCP/IP port should resolve this issue.
Watch the video to know how to assign a manual IP on HP Printer: Click here to watch a video (steps for win8, and win10)
Refer this to create a TCP/IP port: click here for steps
I hope this helps. If you need any further assistance, do let me know.
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Keep us posted,
If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you,
Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post,
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee